What Is The Gospel?
The "Gospel" is best translated as meaning "Good News". Specifically, when we talk about the gospel we are talking about the good news of Jesus and what that means for you and me.
We hope this video is a helpful tool to hear and know the beauty of the gospel.
Why Does It Matter?
The gospel is foundational to who we are as a church, because it shapes what we understand about God, and what we understand about who God made us to be. The gospel is God's answer to the common questions we face as humans like:
- Who made us, and who are we accountable to?
- Why is the world broken and bad things happen?
- What is God’s solution to the world's brokenness?
- How do I fit into this picture right now?
When we understand and believe the message of the gospel, we do not have to wonder about those questions, but can live with certainty because of these answers:
- God made us Psalm 100:3 and he rules over all things that he created Colossians 1:16-20.
- Our problem is our sin against God. Romans 3:23, 6:2; Ephesians 2:1-3
- God’s solution is salvation through Jesus Christ. John 14:6; Acts 4:12
- God's call us to respond to Him by turning from our sin and placing our faith in Jesus Christ as our Savior! He empowers us to live for Him in a broken world.